Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bustin' out of this joint!

Abi gets released today!!!!! She is so excited she can barely contain herself!  These are some of her Facebook posts and comments!


Tomorrow is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) i get to go home!!!!!!!!! 34 days i have been in this hospital!! and day 35 is my discharge day!!!! :) :) :) :)


 yes!! my doctors just came in a few minutes ago and said im going home tomorrow unless something completely unexpected happens!!!! :) :) :)


I also got a text from her this morning @ 8:30 am while I was soundly enjoying my Saturday Sleep In. 
It read

" Today is the day!!:) Next time I see you it wont be in this stupid place. You won't have to drive across Salt Lake just to see me! just down the street:) 

She forgot to mention it was the stupid place that saved her life! LOL

They took out her feeding tube yesterday and she was so happy about it. 


  She said her goodbyes to some of the patients that she has befriended. She said her goodbyes and thank yous to her nurses and favorite staff. My mom had 2 huge cakes made for the staff on the IMCU floor and the Rehab floor. Her friend Cathy made the full sheet size Pea Pickin' Cakes, and delivered them last night.

When Abi gets home today she is going to be exhausted. It makes her ill to travel, even in the hospital with her wheel chair.  Abi got a brand new wheel chair last night and new crutches, these will be her new wheels for a while.  She will want to have visitors but make sure you call first so that she is not away at a therapy session or a doctor's appt. 

Stacey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOO HOO!!!! YEAH!!!! YIPPIE!!! Ok so I am a bit excited that you are finally getting to go home. Just remember to follow doc's orders and take things easy. Just cause you are busting loose doesn't mean you can turn back into your social butterfly self just yet. I am so happy for you!!!! Love ya!!!