Monday, July 26, 2010

whew that was like the longest day ever!

O My Gosh.....
I am going to try to update but I am exhausted.

 Abi kept me on my toes today! She was super confused today, and in alot of pain.  She had a really hard morning. First they tried to get her to stand on one foot because she is not allowed to put any weight on her left leg. It seriously took 3 people to get her to sit up and stand and they could have used at least 2 more people. She was coherent for most of it, but very much wanting them to just go away.  Immediately after that they took her down for another CAT scan.  Which they have to move her from one bed to another.  Next she had some visitors and a new IV put into her arm along with a long bath. The Bath was great we told her she was getting spa treatments and she calmed down considerably and slept through most of it and was super calm while they did her hair. Then they had to change all of the sheets and her gown and get her more comfortable again.

The reason it is so hard to sit with Abi is because you expect that you are going in to sit by her side while she dozes most of the time and you read a book. But in reality you get there and she is in pain but she has no idea about her pain pump and you have to search around for a long while to get it for her. Then she refuses to push the button and she wants to know why you are trippin' on her for telling her to calm down and just push the dang button! She is very much under the impression that she only has a certain amount of medicine and when it runs out it will be gone. So she does not want to use it. No amount of talking to her helps.

 She did not know where she was today. She had the most busy day of errands to run. First she was at the tattoo parlor getting a tattoo with Steph, then she was at walmart, then CJ's Mom's house, Next she went to the baby shower for miss Erin at the Hendrin's house and it was the worst shower ever but she brought a gift anyway. After that she was at the most miserable lake ever. But it was almost time for her to get to work, so she needed to get her hair and makeup done and get out the door.  When I told her I was leaving and that I would be back she asked if she could go with me and I told her no, She got so upset with me and told me I couldn't leave her with her drunken mother. I asked what her mother had been drinking to get drunk and she was pretty sure it was Heinneken. Then she wanted to know why we (me her and mom) couldn't just get drunk and pass out on mama's bed together. "Oh honey you already are," I told her. Like I said she was super confused today and had no idea what happened to her.

 I think she will sleep tonight. I know I will, I am beat.  After all of the days in the hospital so far, most being draining in a more emotional and mental way.  Today was physical, Lots of helping to move her up in bed which takes 3-5 people, turning her which takes 3 people, getting her ready to potty which takes 3 people. All of which I had to help with because the unit she was in was very short staffed.
 I had a nap tonight and then a shower and now I am headed back to bed. Hopefully Abi is sleeping like a baby!

Oh yea, I almost forgot I put makeup on Abi. Purple eye shadow. I gave her a mirror and she really liked how it turned out.  I also put new bows in her hair I will try to post pics in the morning along with an update. If there is anything new to relate.

2 comments:

Loose Sparrow Arts N Crafts said...

Bless your little hearts. I am overwhelmed just reading this. You and your family are angels and God loves you! (So do I!)

Unknown said...

Hello Family of Abi,
Of course I am not there and have not seen in person how Abi is doing, but I have some concerns. Is it possible if she her self isn't asking for pain med she can go with out as much as everyone else seems to think she needs?? I just know that morphine is very very addictive and she seems to be trippin a bit sounds like too much meds! Trying to get off the morphine will be hard if she takes it in excess! Don't mean to step on toes, Just my 2 cents for what its worth! Same for Charlotte. I don't think its a good idea to give her "sleep aid" that makes her loopy. You have to be very careful when medicating others.... God forbid it kill them! Sorry if I seem forward. I cant keep my concerns to myself out of love and care! Other then that I think you are all amazing and selfless to spend so much time there with Abi! She is blessed and loved very , very much! Fight on! xxxxxx & Prayers, Pen