Saturday, July 24, 2010

Move to IMCU





Today Abi made so many improvements! I am so excited that I get to be the one to update you all.
Abi was moved from Surgical ICU into the IMCU basically it is a step down. Which is exactly what we want.  They got abi into her Turtle shell and wanted her to stand up so they could get a standing x-ray. She was able to sit on the edge of her bed and put some weight on her feet but not stand up at all. That's ok we will just try again tomorrow. Once she can stand up and get that x-ray they will move her to the regular hospital floor and that is when we are really going to start the partying. It is kinda hard to throw a party with only 2 people at a time LOL.
We painted her nails sparkly purple and we found white star nail decals in the gift shop. They turned out super cute.  We told her we wanted to paint her nails and she was kind of annoyed with us because "she had to get to work".  We told her they gave her the day off to relax.  She has a pump for pain and she can use it at will,
if she can find where it went.

Steph asked Abi if we could take her picture and she said yes.
 Steph told her to smile big and she did. 

Talking for Abi is very difficult she has a tiny little voice. IF you can imagine that. 
 Her mouth is sore and she has a hard time clearing her throat. She whispers alot, and you have to get close to hear her, plus she rambles.  But for the most part you can tell she recognizes people, she knows names and can follow commands. As we were leaving I was told they are having a hard time getting her to move her left leg. It could be for any number of reasons.  We are not going to start worrying over that just yet. 

Kami's family brought in a really cute red dragon they found for her. It is super adorable. Her favorite animal is a giraffe and she has been seeing a lot of those lately as well, even if she can't keep them in her room just yet. 

She still has moments of severe agitation if she does not understand what is going on and if she is in pain. I was there and it gets scary when she starts riping off her oxygen and finger monitors and bells start dinging and numbers start flashing. She fumbles with the nurse call button, but I know this is temporary and she will have it all figured out by morning at the rate she is going!

That girl is so loved and we feel the love coming her way! We can't wait to share with her just how much everyone has been loving on her! 


6 comments:

Jolene said...

That makes me cry tears of joy for Abi (and all of you)

I love you Abi

~Jolene

Unknown said...

Dear Abi, Though I do not know you personally, I am sure to know all about you! Through your amazing brother Matt & Beautiful Pamela! I have been praying for you since the moment we heard of your accident. We know your momma & your brother Caleb and your sister Misty! We are in Florida! I also put out a post for prayers for you on my face book as well as for JOSH & your entire family! I am so thrilled to hear the wonderful progress so quickly. We are believing for a FULL RECOVERY! We are believing God to to amazing things in this ENTIRE FAMILY! Why not now everyone's ears are perked! He, The Lord loves you so very, very much! He really did spare you! I have a daughter turning 19 in Aug and I know how painful this must be for your Momma & your siblings. I cant even imagine the scare they have had. Thank the Lord for your dear friends and your sisters& brothers and your whole family who have rushed to your side or staying as close as possible! I pray you hear the voice of your shepherd telling you how very much He adores you! I pray the same for Josh! I pray for peace and strength to surround you both and the closeness of his arm's to embrace you both! I have family in Cali praying for you all as well. We have seen many, many amazing acts of God in our lives and through prayers answered, I know He is doing it again. He is so Faithful! Let us remember our hearts are first and foremost his #1 priority! So I pray for all who know you and love you and even those who are just following your story to turn to the Lord with ALL their hearts and trust in HIM for all their needs as well! Spiritually, bodily, mentally and all others... IF, we draw near to Him He promises to draw even the nearer to us! God bless you princess, and sleep well!
The Torres Family! xxxxxx & continued prayers!!

Natasha and Livia said...

Abi! HI!! It sounds like your doing well with a long road ahead but I know you can do it we still have you in our prayers!!hope I'm not bugging you to much I just love you and your such a sweety!! I know your a strong person I see that everyday in what you do!!Once again I'm so proud of you!! Im sorry your not feeling good and its frestrating but you gotta alot people who are there for you and I'm thankful for that I just wish i could be there dang it!! Your toezzys look beautiful!lol Well Good night for now I'll check out your updates and call grandpa tomorrow cant wait to talk to ya!!sweet dreams luv!!!xoxo

ForTheLoveOfOrphans said...

If anyone is going to rebound quickly, it's gonna be you! Your out-going, bubbly, cute and subborn personality are to your benefit now! God sure knew what he was doing when he made you!
You are in our prayers all day long and we, like everyone else, are looking forward to the day you walk out of that place and go home!
Much love and many kisses from the Hendren family (especially Chelsea and M.J.)

Wife with two kids and a husband that deals with depression and anxiety. said...

Bummer we can't see the pictures. So glad to hear that she is doing so well.

Anonymous said...

hooray for Abi! I wouldn't be suprised if everyone on the same floor of that hospital started making amazing recoveries! Surely the prayer power can be felt from the floors above & below :) keep doin' what your doin' (getting better) and we'll keep doing what we're doing (praying)
all our love - the Burnsides