Friday, July 23, 2010

Surgery today from 2pm to 5pm

Abi had a surgery scheduled for today. They moved it to saturday. Now they have rescheduled it for today! I feel like we are playing telephone. You know the game where you whisper something to someone and they have to pass it on and then you never know what it is going to turn into by the time it gets to the end of the line. I guess we are playing telephone. Only we are using real phones LOL .

Abi is responding to commands and they want to get her ventilator tube out as soon as possible. She was breathing on her own last night with just a little bit of support from her ventilator. They can't remove that until she is closed up. Matt bought her some slippers, she is wearing them. they are dark pink and purple.

Steph was served a half of a valium last night. She is in desperate need of sleep, she is starting to crash and I am afraid for her.
When I left Josh was sleeping.

Mom was served a whole valium last night, and she slept like a baby snoring like a freight train. She kept talking in her sleep asking if Matt had washed his hands. If you know my mom at all you know that "wash Your hands" is her motto and every one knows that you better wash your hands if you are going into the kitchen.

Misty got in around 11:30pm It is so good to see her. I have not seen Misty in 6 years. My kids are really excited to see her.
I guess Abi is getting that family reunion after all.

Feel free to come up and write in her notebook if you are available. Remember to send her emails or leave a comment for her if you can't come up.  Thank you all for your wonderful support and love.

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS OUR GRATITUDE!!!!!

6 comments:

Teaching by Mom said...

We love you all! God is with you. Blessings and hugs, Rachael Enman Hoffmeyer

Tae said...

I come to all the sites to check on you every day, all day, as does Tasha. I haven't told Joey and Kaylee about your accident yet, but I guess I'm going to today. You know this sites only been up a few days and you've already had nearly 1900 hits. YOU ARE LOVED. Glad that you're doing much better.

~Chonte

Anonymous said...

abi, good luck with the surgery babe, It was nice to meet your family.. you are so lucky to have them! stacey is doing an awesome job the blog and we got steph home last night safe on her valium. Kami & her are coming back up tonight, I think Kami is doing her first sleep over.
Babe we can't wait for you to be your old sassy self. Mucho love for now, till the next entry. "hot mamma"

Natasha said...

So excited...those slippers sound cute..lol I bet your toes are froze hospitals always seem to be cold so its a good thing you got something to warm them up!!:O) lol Love ya abi!!

Natasha said...

Also Dont tell Tae I told you all but when my sister sleeps she sounds like a frieght train too!!lol hahaha j/k........Im really happy you guys are getting some rest you deserve it!!Even if you have to be sidated..lol

Natasha said...

P.s. I posted this to your FB But I wanted you to see it for sure! There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity. ~Washington Irving, The Sketch Book, 1820