Sunday, July 25, 2010

I play catcher and right field

Abi is doing about the same today as yesterday. She is much more talkative today.
Some of the things she has said:
I want to change positions, I want to be in right field
I am sorry I have the intention of stealing medicine
Is this the best pen you have? (while holding her pain pump)
I don't think she knows what she is talking about ( she told this to the nurse after I explained to her
what was going on)
I need to get my dad his chicken sandwhich
I need to get my dad his debit card
I know four of these people stace this is not cool I went to school with them, (I told her,she didn't know them that they were nurses) Wanna bet!

Her voice is getting stronger and she provides the comic relief around here.
She is still very sleepy, she has a hard time finding her pain pump, eventually she will keep track of it.

Things have really slowed down and it is good to be able to just visit her.
I did her braids again today. The nurse gave me a comb, brush and detangling spray. I thought I was just going to comb her hair and redo the braids I had no idea I was going to have to comb out a dred lock. When they shaved part of her head they did not get rid of the hair in the braid and it had tangled into a huge knot unlike anything I have ever seen. I decided I just needed to be patient but it still took me 45 minutes to untangle that. I really did not want to cut it out.  Her hair is 44 inches long so it took a while. 

I will update again tomorrow.

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

We are so happy that Abi is making such great progress. We are thinking of you guys. Hopefully your mom and everyone else is doing better too.

RunLikeAnAZN!!! said...

Abi had the highest batting average of all of the female players on our softball team this year!

To Abi: You play right field? Most people think you are WAYYYY out in left field... ;o)

Unknown said...

So glad that you are getting better Abi...you are an amazing lady...

Anonymous said...

Bart says to hurry up & get well...the tournament is this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Abi, its good that our sister is documenting all your funny remarks. You probably won't remember any of them. And they can't hold you accountable while you're under the influence of that much medication.
Glad you're getting better.
Love ya
Brian & Arlene

natasha and livi said...

haaa haaa lol this one cracked me up a bit between the fights the not knowing where the house was and changing your position to right field I cant help but laugh!! I love you and cant wait for you to read this one!!lol Talk to you soon I hope!!!