Thursday, July 22, 2010

" We need a family reunion" she said.

On friday before the accident, Abi had mentioned to my mom and caleb and a few others that, "it has been over 6 years since we have all (6 siblings) been together." " We need a family reunion" she said.

Abi was stable again last night but it took til around 11:00 pm, to get her that way. She was also responding to commands and her brain pressures were very low and stable during that time. She opened her eyes and looked at me and also squeezed my hand tightly. That was the first time she has squeezed for me. She has done it for her mom and Steph, but not me. She looked at me and tried to focus. Then she was agitated for a minute. It is a really good thing they have her restrained! We calmed her down but all during that time she was very stable!!! Praise the LORD!!!

 She will not remember any of this, they have her on amnesia drugs so she won't remember any of her time in SICU. She is still on the ventilator and not breathing on her own. She looks like she has gained 60+lbs. She is very swollen, which is very normal. It is hard to tell in photos but up close and personal, she is starting to resemble the Michelin Man LoL.

My brother Matthew came in around 8 pm. It was very hard on him He had to take his blood pressure meds. Also he is used to being @sea level so the climate here is making it hard for him to breath and feel comfortable. He is also a bit jet lagged.

 We had to slip my mom some sleep aid last night. It was Tylenol PM.
Misty is bringing Valium in-case we need it. We told her it was just tylenol so she would not wake up sore from sleeping in the hospital. Mom has been running on about  6 hrs. of sleep since the accident.  Her mood was going down hill and she needed to rest. Her idea of rest at the hospital has been to sleep for an hour and then go down and sit with Abi for 2-3 hours and then sleep another hour, and then repeat.  She absolutely refuses to go home other than to shower.  She was on her way to crashing. So we decided to take matters into our own hands. When I left last night around 1:30 am she was getting sleepy and starting to relax.

Josh, is having a really hard time sleeping. He sees the accident or has nightmares and then wakes up in a cold sweat. We are trying to get him to rest but he has not wanted to go to sleep. Understandably, he is just as traumatized as Abi, but hers is in body, his is in spirit.

Steph, has dreams too. She closes her eyes and the whole scene replays in her mind over and over.  I wish I could give theses kids those drugs that make them have amnesia. At this point I would give anything so that they could rest.

Caleb doesn't say much he is very layed back and just rolls with it. But he has a hard time resting. He just goes through the what-ifs, over and over.

Dave seems very strong but I know he also has a hard time seeing his baby girl lying in that bed with tubes and hoses and monitors all around her. He is smart because he leaves the hospital to walk and decompress.

For me decompressing is the very hardest thing. First I crawl into bed and then, see her over and over again in my mind. I replay the whole day in my head, Not voluntarily.  Then I start to doze off only to have my mind pull me back to reality and then I am confused and can't tell if what has happened is real or if it is all a dream.  Yesterday I walked in my garden for a few minutes and that was incredibly helpful. So peaceful and green there.

Misty is on her way, She did not make yesterday's flight. She will hopefully not get stuck in LAX all day. Sad she has to travel from florida to cali and then more flights just to get to us.  I know she is trying hard to get here. I really can't wait to see her.

Today I am taking the kids up to the hospital with me, I took Elyssa yesterday for a portion of the day. They are not allowed back to see Aunt Abi.  But Elyssa is having issues with me being gone so much and we also want them to be able to see Uncle Matt. So we are going to hook them up with video games and books etc.

I know this is more of a family update but we want Abi to have an idea of what is going on with everyone so she has a whole picture when she starts piecing this puzzle back together.

thanks for the love support and comments!
I will post later,
Stacey

7 comments:

Misty's Musings said...

Wow... What a blessed thing to have the whole family come together to support your beautiful sister. I have been praying for you all and will continue to do so!! I think that is such a neat thing that you are blogging about it all. When she is able and becomes coherent, I'm sure shell have lots o questions! And like you said... this wil help her to know what went on, who came to visit, etc. And in some way, I bet this will help everyone through the long healing process ahead. I continue to pray that God brings you all through this situation and that somehow this tragedy is used for His glory. Take care Stacey...remember to treat yourself to some "me" time! *hugs*

Bay Marcchiodi said...

I don't know Abi in personal...But I do know Tae Eno. Well...last year I got an accident, and I think I almost die. But thanks God, i can thru all of this...So I hope everything will gonna be alright.

Natasha Williams said...

Thanks again for the updates Ive been obbsessing over them..lol Its really amazing that just when everything seems down she does little things like sqeeze your hand and it those little tthings that gives us people hope and about grandpa dave yeah I have a hard time know when its needed to go get away..I'd be a mess if that was my baby on that table like her mommy! Shoot I'm a mess down here too!! I hope to mee you soon Tae eno and I are Sisters and we are trying to figure out how to get up there hopefully sooner than later!!

Loose Sparrow Arts N Crafts said...

Hello, best wishes, and especially prayers for your whole family. We just lost a niece in a car accident recently, and this follows too close on its heels. I know Abi is in our God's hands and He will comfort and protect her and the family no matter what. Take care of each other in this difficult time and know that you are surrounded by prayers and a lot of love. I know everybody says this, but please let me know if you need anything! Jo Lucero

Natasha Williams said...

Also thank you for the updates on everyone I've been wondering how eveyone was doing If you all ever need someone to talk to I am here I'm abbies neice Linda's daughter..Abi and I were pretty close when we were younger and she found me on face book not to long ago...Im so happy she did! My number is 702-370-3345. Abi Please call me when ever you can I Love you Girly!!!xo

Unknown said...

thank you so much for keeping us all up todate. me and my whole family are praying and sending Abi and your family love.
Joe

Unknown said...

Since Abi said something about a family reunion and everyone is there. Maybe a picture of all of you together is in order. Just a thought. I am praying for her and the rest of the family every day. Thank you so much for the updates. I think about Abi all the time!!